Your cart is currently empty!
There are so many people who suffer from hair loss (both men and women), and Scalp Micropigmentation can be a real confidence booster! Using a special tattooing technique, Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) can give the appearance of a head full of hair or conceal scars.
To create a natural-looking head of hair, SMP uses microdots in different ink shades to “fill out” the scalp.
BUT, Is it for you?
SMP will not regrow your hair, but it can visually restore your receding hairline if you’re searching for an affordable hair loss solution. The use of small colour-matched hair follicles can also help reduce the appearance of scars by covering thinning hair areas. The coolest thing? It offers instant results.
Cancer patients, people with alopecia and hair loss sufferers could benefit from restoration treatments.
How long will it take and is it going to hurt?
As with any tattoo procedure, the level of pain depends on your tolerance. You may require a few sessions as the approach to SMP is to create a layered effect.
How should I prepare for the procedure?
As with any tattoo procedure, you do need to do some preparation ahead of the procedure.
- Wash well as you won’t be able to do this for at least a few days after your tattoo. If you sweat excessively, make sure you discuss this with us to work out a plan.
- Avoid sun exposure before your treatments
- Eat well, hydrate and avoid the use of alcohol. You will not be treated should you be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Keep your skin well moisturised in the months leading up to your treatment as dry skin can lose its pigmentation quicker
What does my aftercare look like?
- Avoid excessive heat, swimming or steam sauna rooms or take extremely hot showers
- Do not exfoliate for 8 weeks after your last session.
- Do not sunbath or expose your head to the sun for at least 4 to 5 days between your treatments and then you should slowly introduce the sun again. Once you have had your final treatment, do not expose your head to the sun for 28 days. Use an SPF 30-50.
How long will it last?
SMP is considered to be semi-permanent. The effects can last for many years but as the skin naturally exfoliates, some areas may fade more than others. Don’t worry, it’s a simple process to reapply.
A skilled practitioner can give you a confidence boost, and did you know Head INK™ can make this a reality for you? Make an appointment today to chat to our SMP specialist Matt and to find out more.
Check out the SMP Styles below that have emerged since SMP started.
We are skilled in every type of SMP Style.
Both Modern and Traditional.