Your cart is currently empty!
The process of a Scalp Tattoo SMP is similar to getting a tattoo, except that we use carbon-based pigments and our SMP needles are exclusively for scalp use.
Scalp Micro pigmentation (SMP)
From £300 Per Session or for smaller area’s plese send a photo.
In all cases it will be a 3-4 treatment process spaced as follows
- Treatment 1
- Treatment 2 (7 days after)
- Treatment 3 (4 weeks after)
- Treatment 4 (1-2 weeks after if required)
It will take approximately four hours to complete each session. If you have longer hair, please send a photograph of your head as well as your hairline. If you are adding density to your hair, please also show the areas that need attention. We will provide full pre-treatment information, what to expect from each treatment session, as well as aftercare advice and maintenance.
See Common Questions Below.
What is Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP)?
SMP stands for Scalp Micro-pigmentation. It is often referred to as a hair tattoo. A non-surgical, non-permanent cosmetic tattoo of small pigment dots embedded in the dermis layer of the skin on your head to give the illusion of hair follicles on a bald head or density to a thinning crown.
Is SMP safe?
The treatment is perfectly safe, we use sterile equipment and brand new single-use needles for every procedure. We take health & safety very seriously and are fully insured and regulated.
Will my existing hair get damaged?
Not at all, as the depth of the needle is only into the upper dermis.
Does the SMP treatment hurt?
It depends on who you ask. Some people will say yes, while others will say no. Despite this, everyone agrees that a tattoo procedure is uncomfortable. On the day of treatment, clients should be in good health and have eaten well.
As part of our pre-treatment advice, we also suggest moisturising the scalp twice daily in the days/weeks before your procedure. Skin will become softer as a result.
Are the results immediate?
Yes, you will see immediate results after the first session, although faint. To get a full appreciation of the final results we recommend a minimum of 3 sessions generally.
There is very minimal basic after care.
- No touching the treated area
- Avoid showering because you don’t want the water hitting the treated area
- No shaving the treated area for at least 10 days
- Avoid activities that cause you to sweat a lot
- Stay out of direct sunlight
- No swimming because you don’t want the area soaked with water
- Avoid hot tubs, steam rooms, and saunas because they cause you to sweat
- You must also refrain from using moisturisers or shampoo on the treated area for 5 days.
- The overall goal is to keep it clean and dry.
Who is eligible?
Anyone who suffers from any of the following:
- hair loss
- receding hair
- hair thinning
- Hair transplant scarring
- Head surgery scarring
- All genders
What are the benefits?
- It is a non-invasive treatment
- It can effectively hide Alopecia
- It creates natural-looking results
- It works for all ages, skin colours and degrees of hair-loss
- It can beautifully camouflage existing scars
- It does not scar the skin
What are the alternatives to SMP?
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
- Hair transplant surgery
- Hair replacement systems and topical applications
All of which can be much mor expensive compared to Scalp Micropigmentation treatment.
Is SMP the same as getting a tattoo?
SMP is similar to getting a tattoo, however, we use specialised carbon pigments and SMP needles that have been designed for scalp use.
How much will it cost?
Prices vary from £500 – £1200 depending on hair loss, please send us photos of your hair loss and we can provide an accurate quote with more details.
Top up’s for existing clients £300.
Top up’s for non clients £500.
Who may NOT eligible?
Although Scalp Micropigmentation is for all ages. all our clients must be 18 years of age or older.
Anyone with allergic reactions MUST seek a Doctors Note before treatment.
Anyone with general health issues MUST seek medical advice before treatment.
Anyone who is pregnant is advised to not get this treatment.
Please book a free consultation by clicking here for a full eligibility check.
Head INK® SMP
120 High Street
Video Consultations 19:00 – 2200
Head INK™ Provides a solution for hair loss through
Scalp Micropigmentation. In addition to treating baldness and alopecia, SMP can also be used to treat scarring.